London & South East Region Online Meeting
We meet on the first Wednesday of every other month. Continuous professional development (CPD) is integral to most meetings and is supported by guest speakers from all areas of access – researchers, campaigners, other professionals and suppliers. Sometimes we meet at or visit different places or buildings to explore interesting access features or facilities.
Wed 1st July 2.00 pm to 4.00 pm – Online
The speaker is Aleksandrs Trofimovs from BuroHappold. Aleks is a Senior Fire Engineer and he will be discussing:
- Fire Safety Bill that has just been updated
- What the requirement is for evacuating disabled people and where that guidance is set out
- Different means of egress for disabled people giving some info on the pros and cons of different options.
- Good examples of PEEPs
- What expertise do fire consultants have in evacuation of disabled people and how can an access consultant best support them?
- Thoughts and reflections on the post Grenfell era.
- Wed 2nd September 1:30-4pm – Guildhall, City of London
- Wed 4th November 1:30-4pm – TBC
The papers for meetings are in the Member Area, London and South East page.
You will need to book your place at all meetings, contact Pip by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org